Squad Tournament Events
Adult Squad Tournament Events (18+) – Final Round Winner Payouts + Medals
*Minimum Total Cash Prize Money of $1,000 per Final ‘Adult’ Battle Royale Squad Tournament Event Round (the “Prize”).
- First Place receives 50% of Total Cash Prize Money + Gold Medal
- Second Place receives 30% of Total Cash Prize Money + Silver Medal
- Third Place receives 20% of Total Cash Prize Money + Bronze Medal
- Purple Storm Leader receives $30 in LT Cash + Storm Leader Medal
Prizes and medals will be handed out to winners approximately 30 minutes following the Tournament Event’s Final Round.
Adult Winners must provide a Driver’s License or Official ID with Date of Birth and Home Address and Phone Number. Social Security Number is required to receive an IRS Form 1099 for any Prize received.
Youth Squad Tournament Events (17U) – Final Round Winner Medals
All Youth Players must be a minimum of 42″ tall and 17 years of age or under to participate
- First Place receives Gold Medal
- Second Place receives Silver Medal
- Third Place receives Bronze Medal
- Purple Storm Leader receives Purple Storm Leader Medal
Points and medals will be handed out to winners approximately 30 minutes following the Tournament Event’s Final Round.
Winners’ code names will be posted online at each participating Tournament Event Center’s website.
How do I qualify for a Squad Tournament Event?
To qualify for a Squad Tournament Event, simply sign-up for a Tournament Qualifying Session. Tournament Qualifying Sessions will be available throughout the weeks leading up to the Tournament Event. Squads in the Tournament Qualifying Sessions compete to earn Tournament Points and stay in the Top 28 Squads in a series of qualifying rounds. At the end of the qualifying weeks, the Top 40 Squads go on to compete at the Tournament Event.
Qualifications of Participants
- All players must be 18 years and older to qualify for and participate in an Adult Squad Tournament Event
- All players must be between a minimum of 42″ tall and 17 years of age or under to qualify for and participate in a Youth Squad Tournament Event
- All Qualifying Session and Tournament Event participants must have an active LASERTRON one, two, or three month player card in their name.
- LASERTRON employees are not eligible to participate; however, former LASERTRON employees (no longer employed by LASERTRON) are eligible to participate after a 60-day waiting period.
Squad Tournament Qualifying Session Times
- Each Qualifying Session will consist of a minimum of four (4) rounds, with each Session lasting approximately 24 to 26 minutes.
- Squads who are in the Top 40, at the end of the qualifying weeks, participate in the Tournament Event for the center they qualified in.
- Squads earn Tournament Points in each round of a Qualifying Session they play in.
- Total Tournament Points earned by each qualifying player will be updated to the Tournament Website within minutes of each completed session.
Qualifying Round Tournament Points Scoring and Rules
- Tournament Points are earned based on where your squad ranks at the end of each round of a Qualifying Session.
- Each round will have at least one referee, whose decisions and calls on player conduct are final. Qualified LASERTRON staff will serve as referees.
- If a LASERTRON staff member has a family member participating in a Qualifying Session, they will not be allowed to be a referee during that Qualifying Session or any Tournament Event rounds.
- LASERTRON Official Rules and Regulations are posted below.
How do I Sign-Up for a Squad Tournament Qualifying Session?
- Simply make a reservation for your squad online or in person to play in a Tournament Qualification Session for the Tournament Event you are looking to compete in. Be sure to reserve at either the LASERTRON Buffalo Center, the LASERTRON Rochester Center, or both centers where you intend to qualify for the Tournament Event you’ve chosen. You must make sure your session time or times are paid for at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the Tournament Qualifying Session(s).
- After a Tournament Qualifying Session is full, additional Tournament Qualifying Sessions may be opened for additional players, but only if additional session times are available. Additional players must reserve and pay for these additional Tournament Qualifying Sessions at least 30 minutes prior to that session’s start.
Minimum Squads Per Qualifying Session
- Each Qualifying Session shall not have less than 2 Squads.
Battle Royale Rules and Regulations (the “Official Rules”)
- All players must be signed in and in the briefing room 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start of a Tournament Qualifying Session. Any late arrival will not be permitted to compete in the Qualifying Session.
- On the Tournament Event day, all Top 40 squads must be signed in at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the Quarter-Final Round. Any late arrival will not be permitted to compete in the Tournament Event.
- All players competing in a round must remain inside the arena at all times during the Session.
- Players intentionally covering up sensors will be immediately disqualified from the round. A second infraction of covering up a sensor will result in player disqualification from the Tournament Qualifying Session and Tournament Event.
- Intentional physical contact will result in player disqualification.
- Any tampering with the game, equipment, or arena components will result in the disqualification of the player or players involved.
- No use of foul, offensive, or derogatory language. Continued use after a warning will result in player disqualification.
- Any Solo, Duo, Trio, or Quad working with any other Solo, Duo, Trio, or Quad will be disqualified.
- All decisions by the referees are final.
- All players must start within the Sectors designated by the Game System.
- Climbing or other abuse of arena obstacles will result in the disqualification of the player responsible from the Tournament Qualifying Session and Tournament Event.
- If a player is penalized during any round, for any infraction, they will recharge as a Purple Storm Player.
- Any negative sportsmanlike conduct will result in player disqualification from the Tournament Qualifying Session and the Tournament Event. This includes but is not limited to intimidation or abuse.
- All players must wear the following at a minimum: Shorts/Pants, Shirt, Covered Shoes, and Socks.
- All players must have at least one foot on the ground at all times. Any rolling, lying on the ground, climbing, or jumping is not allowed.
- The head referee can disqualify any players from a Tournament Qualifying Session or Tournament Event if any action of a player or players is unsafe or gives an unfair advantage.
- Players in the Tournament Qualifying Sessions and Tournament Event Rounds must have an active LASERTRON one, two, or three month player card in their name.
- Each Squad must have a unique Squad Name acceptable to and approved by LASERTRON.
- The Squad Name, as well as the Squad’s Tournament Winnings, are both linked to the Squad’s Captain.
- Tournament Points earned per squad per Qualifying Round by finished place: 1st=6 points, 2nd=4 points, 3rd=3 points, 4th=2 points, Did Not Place=1 point.
- Since Tournament Points and Tournament Earnings are uniquely tied to a Squad Captain’s Squad Name, each squad must inform LASERTRON, at time of signing-in, and prior to their session’s Briefing Time, for any Qualifying Tournament Session or Tournament Event Round, who their designated Captain is for that particular Session or Round.
- The Squad Captain may change the Squad Name at any time to another Squad Name that is not already reserved. When a Squad Name is changed, the previous Squad Name will no longer be reserved and will be available to anyone. In addition, when a Squad Name is changed, the Squad’s Tournament Winnings will be associated with the new Squad Name.
- The Squad Captain can transfer ownership of the Squad Name (which includes Validation Time and the Squad’s Tournament Winnings) by seeing a LASERTRON guest service representative. Note that the new owner will now fully own the Squad Name and have the right to change the squad name.
- If a Squad Name’s Validation Time ever does expire, the Squad Name and its winnings will default to the First Name and Last Initial of the current owner.
- Squad Names (and Code Names) are reserved for 50 years upon completion of a waiver. Customers may only have (1) currently reserved Code Name and (1) currently reserved Squad Name; however, these names can be changed by seeing a LASERTRON guest service representative. When a Code Name or Squad Name is changed, the previous Code Name or Squad Name will no longer be reserved and will be available to anyone.
- To participate in a Tournament Event, the Squad Name’s current owner (who qualified for the Tournament Event) must be one of the players on the Squad.
- To participate in the Tournament, a government issued photo ID or passport is required for Adult 18+ Cash Prize Tournaments and proof of age may be required for Youth 17U Tournaments.
- Tournament players are responsible for verifying, correcting and maintaining accurate contact information including their LASERTRON ID Photo and Display Photo with LASERTRON. Failure to do so may disqualify them from the Tournament.
- All players must follow any additional instructions provided by the Referee, Briefing Video, or Signage. Failure to follow any instructions or rules may result in the disqualification of the offending player or players from the Tournament Qualifying Session and Tournament Event.
- To add to the fun and challenge of the Tournament Event, game settings for the rounds played at the Tournament Event may be altered or randomly chosen.
Right to Cancel or Suspend Tournament Event
- If for any reason the Tournament Event is not capable of running as planned, due to technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of LASERTRON, LASERTRON reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, reschedule, or suspend the Tournament Event. If LASERTRON elects to cancel or terminate the Tournament Event, LASERTRON will provide in-store credit for those players who qualified for that Tournament Event.
- Players agree that personal data, especially names and addresses, photos, code names, squad names may be processed, shared, and otherwise used for the purposes and within the context of the Tournament Qualification Session(s), and Tournament Event(s), and Tournament News, and any other purposes outlined in these Official Rules. The data may also be used by LASERTRON in order to verify the player’s identity, postal address, and telephone number or to otherwise verify the player’s eligibility to participate in Tournament Qualification Session(s), and the Tournament Event(s).
- Players have the right to access, review, correct, or cancel any of their personal data submitted to LASERTRON by writing to LASERTRON at Privacy@LASERTRON.us. Personal data will be used by LASERTRON and its affiliates exclusively for the purposes stated herein.